Wednesday, November 23, 2005

AMAs

If you taped this Disney debacle instead of sitting through three painful hours, I'll point you to the twenty minutes worth watching. Rob Thomas, yes, made me cry. He's the most emotive, expressive singer around today and his songs are filled with such love for his wife. You just hear it so clearly. In If You're Gone, he tells her, yeah, I'm a rock star, groupies galore, but, don't worry baby, I'm all yours.... and you really feel he means it. Last night he told his wife, who is suffering from an autoimmune disease, I'll be there for you, no matter what. If that doesn't affect you, go find your heart.

Next, Santana & Los Lonely Boys.. talk about simpatico. I rarely hear licks as distinctive Carlos'. It's relatively easy to identify a voice, but to have that kind of signature come through a musical instrument as directly as he does... it's unusual. Since it was left to the legends last night... Annie Lennox just amazes me with her range. Dave Stewart was there too and they did a killer Sweet Dreams.

The Stones are always worth watching, a live feed of their Salt Lake City show came at the end. Poor Mick looked pretty stressed trying to rock those Mormons. Biggest assault of the evening, and there were many... Disney sticking its teen queen Lindsay Lohan right after Rob Thomas... thank god for all the reverb... did I hear her apologize at the end?? I felt I deserved a personal apology from Dick Clark and Iger after that yawnfest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.